Hultquist Place will begin to offer outdoor visitation effective May 3, 2021. Outdoor visits allow us to limit the traffic in the building, decreasing the chance of infection being introduced. Visiting in the open air limits the spread of infection also.
The visit stations are located around our circular driveway. Please park in the Hultquist place lot in front of our building and proceed to the front door to be screened for symptoms and to provide your contact information. There will be a staff member monitoring the visits.
The Front doors will be open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm daily. The doors are for Resident use only except during visitation times when those scheduled may use the doors.
Packages need to continue to be delivered to the Nursing Home main entrance.
At this time, no food or drinks are allowed during the visits. Rest rooms are not available for public use.
In the event of inclement weather, visits will be conducted in Resident rooms.
As we have mentioned in the past, we often receive guidance from CMS and the NYS Department of Health at the same time as the general public with regards to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and visitation to our campus. We recently received new guidance to follow and although much of what we have been doing will remain the same, there are some very important changes you need to be made aware of.
First, some items that remain unchanged include:
- Visits will be monitored and it is encouraged that the number of visitors be limited and the visits themselves be timed.
- Access by visitors to the common areas of the building is to be discouraged/limited.
- All visitors must be screened and will be turned away if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Residents in isolation or observation and those with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 status, (regardless of vaccination status) should not have visitors outside of compassionate care or end-of-life situations as determined by their case manager.
- Core principles of infection control must be followed including but not limited to hand washing or sanitizing, facial covering, and social distancing.
- Outside visits are preferred and will begin as soon as the weather allows.
The NYS Department of Health wants to promote more freedoms for our residents so long as each facility continues to work to keep everyone safe. Due to the high rate of vaccination amongst the residents on our campus, we must adhere to the following:
- Any occurrence of a positive staff member or resident will result in visitation being paused until the individual(s) are retested and results obtained. The occurrence of more positive results will result in a fourteen (14) day quarantine of the unit/facility as determined by results.
- If a staff member tests positive, we will assess their position and the amount of direct time spent with residents.
- If there is little-to-no direct time spent with residents, there will be no pause on resident related activities, dining, or in-person visitation.
- If the staff member routinely delivers direct care to residents, the UNIT that person is assigned to will be quarantined for fourteen (14) days. Visitation will be paused during this time. Residents will be served meals in their rooms and activities will be held in the hallway or one-on-one. Beauty shop service will also be paused. Medical appointments (unless vital) will be rescheduled. Leaves of absence will extend quarantine beyond the fourteen (14) days is they choose to leave the building.
- Routine testing of staff on a weekly basis will continue and we will use this to identify any trends that may cause us to pause our activities again.
- Outside visits will be allowed at all times (weather permitting) despite precautions being taken inside the building.
- Residents who are fully vaccinated may go out with family and friends without being subjected to a quarantine upon return as long as the unit they reside on is not in quarantine. Residents opting to go out overnight will be subject to the fourteen (14) day quarantine.
- Residents who are fully vaccinated who choose to leave the building during a pause in visitation will be monitored for symptoms 2x per day fourteen (14) days.
- Residents who are NOT vaccinated will be quarantined to their rooms for fourteen (14) days if they go out for social events with family and friends.
As stated before, this information is often difficult to digest and can change quickly! No matter how much of a pain they may be, they’re being enforced to protect our residents and staff from any further harm caused by COVID-19.
We’re honored to continue working through this material to be sure you and your loved ones can be together safely. Please remain vigilant in the community and be sure to follow COVID-19 prevention basics.
Symptomatic LHRC Residents Tested for COVID-19 – 68
LHRC Residents Tested for COVID-19 – ALL*
LHRC Residents Currently Testing Positive for COVID-19 – 0
Former COVID-19 Positive LHRC Residents Recovered – 12
Symptomatic HP Residents Tested for COVID-19 – 36
HP Residents Tested for COVID-19 – ALL*
HP Residents Currently Testing Positive for COVID-19 – 0
Former COVID-19 Positive HP Residents Recovered – 16
Employees Tested Weekly for COVID-19 (State Mandated) – ALL
LHRC Employees Currently Testing Positive for COVID-19 – 1
Former COVID-19 Positive LHRC Employees Recovered – 29
HP Employees Currently Testing Positive for COVID-19 – 1
Former COVID-19 Positive HP Employees Recovered – 22
President and CEO